Making a Difference
The world today is a complicated, combative, confusing and frustrating place. We believe that the vast majority of people would like to make a difference, to do good deeds but just don't know how to use their limited time and resources to do such things. We also believe that it's important to strive to leave the world a better, healthier place than it was when we arrived. In our own lives we have taken steps to make a difference, albeit small ones, but lots of small differences can add up to big ones. From our campaign to eliminate plastics from our lives as much as possible, to eliminating as much processed food as possible from our lives (and those two things tend to overlap a lot), to reducing our energy consumption, to our farm management practices and our community outreach efforts, we strive to practice what we preach and promote healthy and sustainable living.
As part of that effort we are pleased to place, free of charge, advertising and promotion of businesses and organizations trying to make a difference, in the hopes that they will help you to also make a difference.
A moment of your time
These sites and organizations have found ways that you can do good at no cost to you but a tiny bit of your time.
- Greater Good - Join their e-mail list and each day you will get a set of links that if you click on them donations get made to worthy causes at no cost to you
- Free Rice - Answer vocabulary questions, right answers donate rice to the world food program
Good For you good for others
When you buy things from these guys they give things to others
- Toms Shoes - Buy a pair of shoes they give a pair of shoes to a needy child
Lend a hand
These organizations give you a simple way to help others directly
- Kiva - You get to help make small loans to specific people trying to improve their lives around the world (micro financing); because they are loans, the money comes back to you and you can help make more loans
- Greater Good - You can donate directly to lots of causes via this site
Know a good candiate for inclusion? Send us a note and tell us about them